Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Eulogy read by Suhaimi

Below is the eulogy read by Suhaimi during the memorial

*************************************************************************************

With this humble eulogy that I am making, I form just part of the many lives and persons which Pierre has touched and continued to touch.

I became one of the jigsaws in Pierre’s life when he was the first person whom I knew in Kent Ridge Hall when introduced by our mutual friend, Nauval.
Being the new senior, I was blessed that you were the first that I met as you weave through your wonderful thoughts and feelings on Kent Ridge Hall.

Pierre, the one thing I know why love and warmth resonates from and around you is the unique you.
That one thing that we always forget that being unique and different is something that we should all celebrate.

Your wide grin from ear to ear will always greet me as you called out to me, whether a casual “Bang’ which means big brother, or “how are you, bang?” whenever we meet and whenever we talk about anything that spans from tennis, to theatre productions to soccer and about life itself.

Never will I able to appreciate your zest for F1 Grand Prix then, but for that I will remember.

For that great tennis match between Capriati and Hingis, where Hingis is your favourite, while we were watching in the Lounge, that I will remember.

I couldn’t help thinking for that one or two times that we actually tried talking you out into a makeover on your clothes, switching your black attire to something else that is popular. Again, for that, your black shirt, shoes, pants, uniqueness, I will remember.

For every single production that you did and watch, with the ticket stub and production booklet that you arduously, meticulously kept, and I, have been following you since. For that, I will remember.

Thank you for always helping me out, particularly in my school’s production during that last dying minutes where I needed a photographer and you were there rescuing me, asking only for the price of getting the films and producing the pictures, not even a tinge of your services and hard earned labour. For that I will remember.

For your generosity in always letting all of us hanging out at your place in Hong Leong, in the big 2002 World Cup especially the Spain vs Korea match, I will remember.

From the time that Nauval and I were wondering about when you shall get attached to the last time that me and Weishin saw you in Beach Road before you left Singapore, we know how faithful you were as you talked about her. With that personal message always there in your MSN: “wishing you were here”, speaks volume of your devotion for her. Now, we are also “wishing you were here”.

My last conversation with you was sadly just through MSN. I was just telling you about my engagement and I was ready to invite you to my wedding next year, where you told me that sadly that you can’t make it at that time. Now, it’s another different story. But I shall know that you will always be, close to our hearts.

Our friend Nauval, wrote this testimonial for Pierre in his Frenster in 2003 and I would like to say that here."People, be sure it's "Pierre-Andre", he's very particular about the pronunciation and the spelling, hee hee! :=)Where shall I begin? He's just exactly the mirror of what I always wish to be! *ahem*. Getting fully involved in arts scene while maintaining the truest characters of himself, handy in IT (he's got a degree in this, folks!) and electrical stuff, his magic eyes see the unseen angles captured in his photography works, a well-read person indeed, countless experiences of doing financial matters, equipped himself w/ tremendous amount of knowledge in other fields like history, language, etc. ... Well, to say he's a great guy would only be very minimum, he's simply one multi-talented guy! Thanks for always being helpful, Pierre!"

So, Pierre, at that tender age of 26, you are a brother to us and even at that age, your maturity is beyond some of your own abang. Never once you speak ill of others.

So, the famous lines by Robert Frost for you, Pierre, the unique you:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—


I took the one less traveled by,


And that has made all the difference.


May you rest in peace, my friend.

Your bang,
Suhaimi

***********************************************************************************

No comments: